Followers

Saturday 24 December 2016

Steampunk Industrial Winter Layout Featuring Artful Days Goodie Box and Things to Alter

                                   Hi all

The December goodie box is a mix up of items from the last 11 goodie boxes so i have a layout to share which has a steampunk winter theme.




Here is how to create the background.

Start off by inking a rubber texture stamp with blue metallic paint not too much otherwise you will get a blob instead of an impression. Stamp this around the corners and then paint random parts of the stamp and stamp into the centre of the layout.


Add another paint colour to the next texture stamp and repeat until you get a mixture of patterns and colours around the middle of the page.




Next add a couple of stencils over the stamps. I used crackle paste and black modeling paste to get different textures. Once dry add random strips of washi tape.



I dry brushed a bit of blue over the crackle to show it up a bit more and then painted the embossed card with Turquoise metallic paint and dry brushed it with pale blue to show the design,


I started adding the layers by first matting the photo onto card and cutting it to fit. I saved the off cuts for the layers. I cut up the silver doily and steampunk papers and just played with the position before gluing it all down.

 I cut one of the mdf Geo shapes in half so i could glue it either side of the photo.


I painted up a few mdf snowflakes and cogs before adding glitter to a few.


I finished off the layout with buttons and sparkles from the goodie boxes.






8 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW hun this is stunning! I love the design and layout.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Awesome color and layout today

Laine said...

Such fabulous detail and layout!
Laine
xx

Katie said...

Thank you Linda

Katie said...

Thank you Holley

Katie said...

Thank you Laine

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful layout. Loving your background and colour choice. Happy new year, I hope it's a good one. I look forward to following your creative journey throughout 2017. Claire x

Katie said...

Thank you Claire